Remember when I did a thing and started a blog and was posting *semi* regularly? And then I went to the beach for family vacation and its been radio silence ever since? Yeah, not even sure I can call this post “lately” since I actually need to catch up on nearly three months. Sorry friends.
It’s been chaotic, and here are just a few things that happened:
- I officially started my new job (duties started end of April, title went into effect July 1). The person taking some of my old responsibilities started mid to late August so we’ve been in training mode ever since. It’s hard to both learn the ropes of something new to me AND train someone at the same time, especially in the chaos of a new school year beginning, but we’re definitely making progress.
- I became a certified Zumba Fitness instructor. I memorized 50 minutes of choreography in a month and now I teach at Flex Fitness Studio three times a week and am really enjoying the accountability to prioritize exercise. Locals, come check it out!
- EK and Buddy started at an early learning center. I’d known for a few months that EK would be making the transition but just two weeks before she started I found out our beloved sitter was looking for other job options. I contacted the center in desperation and figured it probably wasn’t possible to get Buddy started (EK was on the wait list for around 2 years) but miracle of miracles he got a spot! And started the same time as his big sister. We’ve been very happy with the programs the kids are in and love to see how they are learning and growing much too quickly in this momma’s opinion.
- We got sick. Over and over again. The combination of new daycare center and college students returning to campus has been a double whammy in the germ department. We’ve had colds, stomach bug and fevers. Here’s hoping the next six weeks are healthier than the past six week.
- I took on the commander (aka coordinator) role for the AWANA ministry at our church. The last few years I taught in the K-2 class, which was great, but honestly the administrative and logistic details of the coordinator role play to my strengths. Bonus, our pastor isn’t left filling the role in the absence of a volunteer like he was last year.
- I wore earrings the last two days. Both pairs had some length to them and felt like fancy earrings (not the fake pearl studs that haven’t actually left my ears in the last year and a half). It’s amazing what ten seconds of effort does for my confidence in looking put together.
I think those are the major highlights, or in that last case a random tidbit. Otherwise the day in and day out include all the snuggles, messes, meltdowns, and routines full of more love than I can express.